Release Notes for IDS USB3 Vision Firmware 2.1
These release notes describe the changes of the USB3 Vision Firmware 2.1 which adds support for new camera models and modifies some features of the camera.
New camera models
From USB3 Vision firmware 2.1 on, new models are supported. Refer to the datasheet to identify which new features are supported by single camera model.
- U3-309x color / mono
- U3-320x color / mono
- U3-329x color / mono
- U3-380x color / mono
- U3-300x color / mono
- U3-304x color / mono
- U3-306x color / mono
- U3-307x color / mono
- U3-308x color / mono
- U3-326x color / mono
- U3-327x color / mono
- U3-328x color / mono
- U3-386x color / mono
- U3-388x color / mono
- U3-389x color / mono
NOTICE! Former USB3 Vision cameras (USB 3 uEye LE/USB 3 uEye ML) cannot be updated with this firmware as these models are not supported by the firmware.
New and changed functions ⇑
- Chunks can also be used in freerun mode (no ExposureStart trigger required)
- Changed settings of ColorCorrectionMode: "Auto" and "Off".
"Auto" enables color correction automatically, if a matching PixelFormat is selected.
- New node for displaying the current status of the color correction: ColorCorrectionStatus
Known issues ⇑
- The models U3-389x/U3-388x/U3-386x have a time delay between trigger and flash. If a 5 Hz trigger signal is applied to Line0, Line1 goes to "high" with a time delay.
- In some rare cases, transfer errors on the USB bus may cause the camera to restart during operation. This problem is only known in combination with the AMD X399 chipset.
- The first image of U3-386x is too dark in case of overexposure.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 6-8
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, November 2019